SmartyPantz - Body for Life

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Rants & Rambles: Tuesday August 23,2005

I just realized something.....I feel good about myself.

I know that sounds funny but its something that just kinda snuck up on me. I've been going to the gym and not even minding the cardio too much and this morning I realized that when 'Im sticking to my workouts I really feel good about myself, like I'm accomplishing something. Sure my eating could be better and the scale could move faster but knowing that I'm making the decision to get up at 4:00 am to go workout gives me such a sense of empowerment and makes me feel so strong that I can't help but feel good about myself.

It's amazing to me that the biggest increase in strength that I'm getting from my workouts has nothing to do with physical strength. It's such a mental thing for me, I feel so in control.

I like coming home from the gym and fixing breakfast and packing lunches for myself, my husband and kids, the example I'm setting for my kids is so important. I have to say, I love the respect I hear in their voices when they tell their friends that their mom gets up at 4:00 am to go workout then comes home and fixes breakfast for them, and when they tell their friends that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I know that they are hearing me. It just goes to show you that kids do learn by example; maybe the changes I'm making now will mean that they will never have to struggle with trying to loose weight!

Something Skwigg said on her blog really made sense to me,
"If you get up every day and eat and train like an athlete, eventually you're going to start looking like one. There's no way around it."

It's just a matter of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home