SmartyPantz - Body for Life

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Body Composition 8/14/04

I had my body fat measurements taken by a trainer at the gym...this is something I never would have done because it just stinks to see how out of shape you are in black and white but this way I can mark my progress. Here are the results:

Weight is measured in pounds.
Composition measurements in millimeters.

Height - 5'6"
Weight - 231.5
Chest - 11
Tricep - 22
Abdomen - 50
Kidney - 35
Supraillium - 35
Bicep - 26
Subscapula - 24
Thigh - 25
Medial Calf - 16
Lean Mass - 166.12
Fat Mass - 65.88
Body Fat - 28.40%

The trainer was nice and very professional. He's given me some good tips and kinda keeps his eye on me at the gym. He's told me he wants me to do squats and showed me how to use the new squat machine at the gym (I know it sounds crazy but I actually like doing the squats using that machine). The only complaint I had with the trainer is that he believes in supplements and I walked out of there having bought two that I didn't even need. One of them is called Lean Out by Beverly International and the other is Glutamine power tabs by Nucare Nutrition.

Lean Out has;

Vitamin B-12
Biotin
Inositol
Choline Bitartrate
Chromium Picolinate
DL-Methionine
L-Carnitine
Betaine HCL
Coenzyme Q10

I was already taking a multivitamin and Glucosamine Chondroitin for joints. I added Flax Oil and figured I'd give the supplements a try since I had bought them. After a few days I noticed my legs itched and I was getting a rash. At first I thought it was a heat rash but nothing seemed to help and the light bulb finally went off...I must be having a reaction to something I was taking. I've been off all of it, even the multivitamin and the rash is almost gone. I'll start adding them back one at a time each week to see if I can find the culprit and then I'll throw it away! I really hope it's not the Flax Oil since I've heard everyone rave about the benefits of taking it. If that is the culprit I'll try changing brands to see if that helps.

Like I said before, I've been doing eDiets (which I love) Eating for Life for 6 weeks, here are my weekly weights;

July 19, 2004 - 242.5
July 24, 2004 - 235
July 30, 2004 - 233.5
August 6, 2004 - 232.5
August 13, 2004 - 231.5
August 21, 2004 - 228.5
August 27, 2004 - 227.5

Slow and steady progress is the best but I love it when the scale jumps down more than one pound!

eDiets is awesome!!! They give you your menu for the week with recipes and a shopping list. What more could you ask for? If you don't care for the menu they provide you can make changes based on a list of choices for each meal, this makes for a lot of variety each week. I love it.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home